SnippetMaster is designed to be a flexible content management system
that works with multiple users. Each user is assigned certain "privileges"
which define what access that user has to the program, what files or Snippets
they can edit, etc.
- Admin - Access to the Admin Area. Allowed to edit
all files and all snippets.
- Super User - Allowed to edit all files and all snippets.
- Power User - Allowed to edit all snippets.
- Regular User - The program Administrator can choose
between TWO possible privilege schemes for the Regular User. The privilege
scheme that is used is specified by the "Regular User Privileges
(When Can Regular Users Edit Snippets?)" setting in the General
tab of the Admin Area.
- If option 1 is selected, then the user
can edit a snippet only if their username is specifically
listed in access control
list (ACL) for the snippet. (ie: Their username is listed in
the Users list of the Snippet Tag.)
- If option 2 is selected, then the user
can edit a snippet if they are listed in the access
control list (ACL) for the snippet -or- if
no ACL exists for the snippet. (ie: Their username is listed in
the Users list of the Snippet Tag -or-
if there is no Users list specified.
Here is a handy chart to illustrate the different user privileges:
Adding users to SnippetMaster is easy.
- Log into SnippetMaster with a user that has admin privileges.
- Click the admin link. (Located at the top right area
of the page.)
- Click the Users tab.
Each user can be assigned unique privileges and options. For example,
it is possible to:
- Allow only certain users to have access to certain snippets. (See
details about restricting Snippets by using the "Users
snippet tag attribute".)
- Assign a user to any List Group
so you can restrict what folders they can or can not "see"
when browsing for Snippets, images, and links.
- Assign a user to any Upload Group
so you can specify exactly what folder(s) they can upload files into.
- Assign a user to any Editor Group
so you can hide certain features of the WYSIWYG editor or set editor
defaults like height/width.
- Enable or disable the ability to use the File Upload Utility.
- Give a user the ability to edit -all- snippets in any file, no matter
if they are listed in the "users
attribute" for that snippet or not. (Power User privilege)
- Set the language for each user, individually.